Communication Studies Internships at USCB
Our majors have successfully completed internships in positions ranging from writing/content creation and social media management to human resources/employee relations to broadcast production assistants to public relations/integrated communications. These opportunities are a result of the relationships between the Communication Studies program and the following (to name just a few):
- WSAV-TV (Savannah)
- WJCL-TV (Savannah)
- WHHI-TV (Hilton Head Island)
- The Beaufort County Channel
- South Carolina Educational Television (SCETV)
- The Island Packet/Beaufort Gazette
- Hilton Head Monthly
- Bluffton Self Help
- Beaufort-Jasper Water & Sewer Authority Public Affairs Department
- Lowcountry Therapy (speech pathology)
Communication Studies interns are actively involved in sports broadcasting, documentary production, and podcasting through the program’s Sand Shark Center for Innovative Media. They have also served the university through internships with the USCB Admissions and Advancement offices as well as Sand Shark Athletics.
For more information about Communication Studies internships, contact Dr. Brett Borton.