Major in Computational Science at USCB
University of South Carolina Beaufort's Bachelor of Science in Computational Science is a cutting-edge undergraduate program of study that provides students with a strong foundation in the principles and techniques of computational science.
This degree program combines computer science, mathematics, and science. Students acquire the knowledge necessary to solve complex scientific problems using computational methods. This program of study includes:
- Data Science
- Modeling & Simulation
- Data Mining, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Programming and Software Development
- High-Performance Computing
- Computer Graphics
This degree program prepares students for careers in software engineering, data science, database design & development, and much more. Students practice their computational and quantitative skills in projects relative to their concentration or interests and have interdisciplinary opportunities to study and research with other University departments. Students will:
- Be immersed into a particular field of applied computing
- Have opportunities to do significant research led by award-winning faculty
- Develop scientific programs in a high-level language such as Java, C/C++, or Python
- Interact with the local community in projects advancing computer and computing technologies
Students learn to develop and apply computational models to real-world problems, in areas such as computational biology, scientific visualization, and beyond. Graduates of this program will be able to use computing theories and software techniques in professional roles in science, engineering, social science, and business.
To view Student Research and Scholarship Day submissions that both Computational Science and Information Science and Technology students presented in 2023, check out the ISAT major page's section featuring them!