Learn in USCB's Cybersecurity Lab
The University of South Carolina Beaufort's Computer Science department has established a state-of-the-art Cybersecurity Lab in Beaufort to provide undergraduate and graduate-level students with hands-on experience and practical training in the field of cyber security.
With a focus on information security, digital forensics, ethical hacking, and system administration, students will gain technical knowledge and skills to develop and maintain cybersecurity solutions.
This cutting-edge lab provides students with the opportunity to apply their classroom learning to real-world scenarios and tackle complex challenges in a supportive and stimulating environment. Each student workstation is outfitted with network security and firewall appliances from Fortinet, a global leader in cybersecurity solutions and services.
Under the guidance of experienced instructors who conduct classes, work sessions, and competitions in the lab, students will be prepared to meet the demands of a rapidly growing and ever-changing digital landscape, with a focus on equipping students for successful careers in the digital culture and economy.
Equipment in the lab includes:
- Desktop Computers: The lab includes more than two dozen state-of-the-art desktop workstations with the necessary software and hardware components students need for their CSCI and ISAT courses at USCB.
- Virtualization software: Software that allows students to create and work with virtualized systems and environments, including virtual networks and servers.
- Network hardware: Network switches, routers, firewalls, and other components to create a secure and controlled lab network environment.
- Security software: A wide range of security software, including intrusion detection and prevention systems, firewalls, and antivirus software.
- Network monitoring tools: Tools to monitor network activity and detect potential security incidents, including network analyzers, log management systems, and security information and event management (SIEM) tools.
- Storage devices: Storage devices for data backup, replication, and archiving.
- Mobile devices: Mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers to test and learn about mobile device security.
USCB Cyber Lab
1100 Boundary Street, Room 104
Beaufort, SC 29902