Be a Hero in the "Call Me MISTER" Program
In collaboration with the Beaufort County School District, and other nearby school systems, USCB is working to broaden and diversity South Carolina’s teacher workforce through the Call Me MISTER (CMM) program.
This highly competitive program provides:
- Tuition assistance
- A cohort system for social, academic, and cultural support
- Assitance with job placement
In return, MISTERs are expected to teach in South Carolina public schools for four years after they graduate.
Who Can Apply?
Student participants are generally selected from among undeserved, socioeconomically disadvantaged, and educationally at-risk communities. Call me MISTER will accept students who major in Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, or Middle Level Education.
How Do I Apply?
Students interested in participating in the program should do the following:
- Apply for admission to and be accepted at USCB. You can apply online.
- Apply for financial aid by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid Form (FAFSA).
- Complete the USCB Call Me MISTER Application. This application will be available during the next application window.
Watch "Call Me MISTER" in Action
For more information about "Call Me MISTER" and to apply,
schedule an appointment with: