University of South Carolina Beaufort’s 2nd Annual Virtual Interdisciplinary Studies Conference
2022 Call for Papers
Theme: Blurred Lines: Breaking Barriers Between Higher Education & the “Real” World
For the second annual IDST Virtual Conference, we want to work at the ways that higher
education informs, explores, invites, and hides routes to the “real world” beyond
the boundaries of academia. We invite papers, roundtable ideas and presentations that
push against the walls that separate college life - and work - and what students experience
in life outside the confines of academia. Many undergraduate and graduate students
work outside of school and/or off campus - how do these experiences contribute, rebut,
or enforce their collegiate experiences? Furthermore, many students take internship
courses that involve them in their larger university or disciplinary communities -
how do these experiences shape their experience in and outside higher education? How
do students design “degrees that work”?
As part of this conference theme we seek to:
- Invite sharing of how experiential learning experiences shaped undergraduate collegiate experiences
- Focus on the ways students can and are encouraged to craft their own courses of study and/or degrees with real world applications in mind
- Examine how experiential and outer-university learning fosters collaboration between students, faculty, staff, and their communities
- Explore the additional depth and necessary perspective that military, transfer, student athletes, and non-traditional students bring to a higher education institution
- Encourage and recognize pedagogy that reinforces experience and real-world objectives and outcomes
Email inquiries: IDSTConf@gmail.com | 843-208-8334
We ask for a small registration fee of $35 for faculty registrants.
The submission and registration deadlines are forthcoming. We ask that everyone register online, but fees are waived for undergraduate and graduate students. International participants may apply for up to 5 free registrations per institution.
View Video of 2021's Keynote Speakers Below!