Earn a Bachelor of Science in Biology
Want to study dolphin acoustics, black corals of the deep sea, shark physiology or proteins that could be used to treat COVID-19? If so, a biology major at University of South Carolina Beaufort may be the right choice for you!
A Bachelor of Science in Biology provides students with:
- Comprehensive exposure to the biological sciences at the molecular, physiological, organismal and ecological levels
- Deep understanding of the concepts and processes underlying the biological sciences plus practical skills learned via lab work and fieldwork
- Critical thinking skills, analytical techniques and problem solving skills applied to biological problems
- Experience with research techniques
- Ability to apply the scientific method to expand scientific knowledge and understanding
At USCB, Biology can also be a minor or a concentration for students majoring in other disciplines. Our concentrations are Coastal Ecology & Conservation, Marine Biology, and Biomedical Sciences. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.