- These courses include both pre-requisites and those within the nursing program.
- Applicants who have taken a nursing program course for pass/fail, may need to take an additional exam to demonstrate competency.
- Applications with letter grades will be reviewed ahead of those with pass/fail grades.
Students in the Pre-Licensure program apply for the nursing program after their freshman year. Students are required to take the following courses before being admitted into the nursing program. These courses are taken during the student’s freshman year and the first semester of their sophomore year. A 'C' grade or above is required on all sciences and nursing courses. Students may repeat one science OR one nursing course to earn a C grade. If your overall GPA falls below 3.00 or your Science GPA falls below 2.75 at the end of the fall semester, your acceptance into the BSN major will be withdrawn.
15 General Education credits and 41 Pre-Requisite credits (total of 56 credits)*
- English (6 credits)
- College Algebra (3 credits)
- Communications (3 credits)
- Liberal Arts (15 credits): Fine Arts, History, Psychology (2 courses, general and developmental), Sociology
- Natural Sciences (12 credits): Anatomy & Physiology I/ II & Lab, Microbiology & Lab
- Foreign Language (6 credits)
- Global Citizenship and Multicultural Understanding (3 credits) - Transcultural Health
- Nutrition (3 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
- Nursing Concepts, Communications, and Calculations (2 Credits)
- Required prior to admission
- Anatomy & Physiology I & II (BIOL B243 & B244)
- English Composition & English Composition & Literature (ENGL B101 & B102)
- College Algebra (MATH B111 or higher)
- Psychology & Development Psychology (PSYC B101 & PSYC B209 or B321)
- Sociology (SOCY B101)
- Microbiology (BIOL B230)
- Nutrition (HRTM B242)
- Communications (COMM B201)
- Statistics (STAT B201)
- Nursing Concepts, Communications, and Calculations (NURS B105)
Overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above and a science GPA of 2.75 or above (Anatomy & Physiology I, Anatomy & Physiology II, and Microbiology).**
Note: These requirements are not covered by the cost of tuition or fees.
- Annual Medical Clearances as required by law and clinical placement agencies
- Physical exam
- Drug testing
- Textbooks, uniforms, supplies (stethoscope, watch, etc), transportation to/from clinical sites, CPR certification and clearances (criminal background check)
- Technology: Personal PC/mobile devices, Printer, Software requirements for coursework and university communication
Lynne M. Hutchinson, DNP, FNP-BC
Department Chair, Nursing
One University Boulevard
Bluffton, SC 29909
Administrative Assistant, Nursing
One University Boulevard, Bluffton, SC 29909