Dawn M. Robinson, PhD, LPC, NCC
Assistant Professor of Human Services
I am passionate about working with students so that they can fulfill their fullest potential. The opportunity to work at The University of South Carolina Beaufort provides me with an opportunity to work collaboratively with students so that they can become change agents in this global society.
I completed my doctorate in Counselor Education and Practice at Georgia State University. I am a licensed professional counselor, a nationally certified counselor, and am certified as a Professional School Counselor and Special Education Teacher in Georgia and Texas. I have over eighteen years of experience in working with at-risk children and adolescents. I obtained a Bachelor of Social Work and Master of Education at the University of Texas at Austin and completed my Specialist degree in Education at Georgia State University.
My research agenda centers around utilizing an ecological systems framework to explore systemic barriers and inequities that impact personal, socioemotional, educational, and career development of individuals throughout the lifespan and prevention and intervention strategies to mitigate disparities.
PhD in Counselor Education and Practice. Georgia State University 2012
EdS in School Counseling. Georgia State University 2006
MEd in Counselor Education. The University of Texas at Austin 2004
BSW in Social Work. The University of Texas at Austin 1997
- HMSV B180 - Personal and Professional Development in Human Services
- HMSV B190 - Human Services: An Introduction
- HMSV B280 - Micro Level Human Services Interventions
- HMSV B282 - Mezzo Level Human Services Interventions
- HMSV B290 - Human Services Internship I
- HMSV B298 - Human Services Internship II
- HMSV B300 - Macro Level Human Services Interventions
- HMSV B400 - Leadership and Professional Ethics in Human Services
- Academic Integration and Dropout Risk
- New School Counselors and Emotional Competence
- Racial Injustice and Inclusive Environments
- Mental Health and Wellness